The Information We Collect:
Once you register as a SimKit Subscriber, you have chosen to provide us with personal information and therefore consent to the storage and transfer of your personal information to our servers. Information you provide us includes your name, address, city, state, zip code, phone, fax, email and website. If you are a paid or paying Subscriber you are required to provide valid credit card information, billing information and shipping information, as applicable.
In addition, SimKit’s Web server automatically collects the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computers that access our site. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. We use this information to understand how our site is being used and how we can better serve visitors.
Information we may collect:
- email address, physical contact information, and sometimes, depending on the service used, financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to receive SimKit’s products and materials;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through the Site, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with the Site including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit, to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating Site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity).
We do not sell personally identifiable information for marketing purposes. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communication from us simply reach out to us via email at email@example.com. You may change your preferences at any time.
How We Use Your Information:
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Maintain and improve the SimKit website;
- Alert Users if information or services they are seeking are posted to our website;
- Facilitate our merchant processor to collect fees and process credit cards;
- Contact a User for customer support;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Protect against fraud and illegal activity;
- Customize, measure and improve the Site, content and advertising;
Please be aware when in contact with third parties: you may inadvertently download cookies we do not control.
SimKit’s Disclosure of Your Information:
SimKit, if required to respond to a legal inquiry, or in its good faith belief that disclosure is necessary, in its sole discretion may release your personal information. SimKit in its sole discretion may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to reasonable claims that specific content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. SimKit also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disclose collected information to investigate or defend itself against third party claims or allegations or to transfer the information we have collected from our Users as part of a change of ownership. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
SimKit in its sole discretion may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, and Information Technology services). In these cases, we will ensure that these third parties have agreed to safeguard your data.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or to report suspected illegal activity. In such events, we may disclose information relevant to the investigation or report, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and SimKit use history.
- Another business entity, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity.
- SimKit’s legal counsel in the event of an investigation or to defend against User claims or third-party claims or allegations.
Without limiting the above, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or other legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, damage to property, violations of rights, or general financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our Users do not tolerate spam. Set your SimKit communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed or permitted to add other SimKit Users to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their prior and express written consent. To report SimKit -related spam or spoof emails to SimKit, please forward the email to Jason.hine@SimKit.co.
You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Terms of Service. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community, we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Links to Other Sites;
SimKit is not responsible for any privacy policies, content or practices of links to any other websites, companies or organizations. If you disclose your information to others, you are subject to the privacy policies of these third parties as and where applicable.
By registering on this Website, you are agreeing to make all reasonable efforts to keep your username and password confidential.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your SimKit password to anyone. If you share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you alone are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify SimKit and change your password.
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to the Site. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law and the Terms of Service.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use various tools (ex: encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other Users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
ACCORDINGLY, BY USING THE SITE, YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AND SOLELY ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
If you disclose your information to others, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. SimKit does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. SimKit is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Site. SimKit encourages you to ask questions, investigate carefully and proceed cautiously before you disclose your personal information to others.
SimKit Policy on Children
How to Contact us
SimKit will respond within five (5) business days.
ã 2022 SimKit, LLC. All rights reserved.